Sunday, November 28, 2010

HW 18


This thanksgiving was a hard one for my family. We have had two deaths in the last three years and my uncle just died so no one was really in the thankful celebratory mood. (Besides the idea of thanksgiving sickens me anyway, just be thankful on this one day and than for the rest of the year you can go back to your self absorbed ways. a holiday for the neocolonialist capitalist imperialist motherfuckers. being thankful on this day they invaded a land of prosper stole all of their resources and virgins with advanced weaponry killed them all off put the remaining few on reservations with no options and took claim of their land and distorted it in every way they were against.) But I digress. 
This thanksgiving was a rather odd one for me. Seeing as I am thankful for very little, and seeing as I no longer eat tainted meat, which is the only kind of meat readily available, I don’t really eat meat anymore, so no typical thanksgiving foods for me, although I did enjoy the non meet ones a lot, and I also really enjoyed seeing my not blood family who I haven't seen all together in ages. 
We didn't watch football, we watched comedy. And we laughed and laughed, while admittedly it is still being plugged in to electronics I think its better than watching other people exercise... that turned into the usual discussion of the revolution, and where the hell it is, and how we need to get there. I brought up this class, to much awe and excitement from the crowd, who are probably the reason I, my whole life, have thought teachers should be revolutionary gardeners and not tentacles of the government. 

No comments:

Post a Comment